Back to Work for Us
We have an opportunity for a Senior Therapist to join our existing counselling team on a part time basis. The role will monitor and develop the local outreach service and further develop the Counselling and Psychotherapy Service. The successful candidate will also hold a counselling caseload with specific focus on complex cases and intensive residential packages.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be a supportive and proactive member of the interdisciplinary care team, to attend such meetings as are appropriate for patient care and professional development of the team
- To undertake all administration concerned with individual clients allocated according to departmental guidelines
- To provide professional counselling or psychotherapy to individuals over the age of eighteen
- To provide group facilitation services as required both of a psychoeducational and therapeutic nature
- To monitor and develop a small outreach contract
- To offer line management/supervision to volunteer members of the counselling and psychotherapy team, some of whom are on student placement
- To ensure that all members of the counselling and psychotherapy team are registered with a recognised professional body i.e. BACP, UKCP, providing counselling or psychotherapy within an ethical framework
- To participate in peer supervision and offer ad hoc advice to members of the team in relation to complex cases
- To assess and allocate referrals into the counselling and psychotherapy service
- To participate in clinical audit
- To identify gaps in the current service and work with the Director of Operations to develop the service accordingly
- To attend mandatory monthly team meetings and peer supervision sessions, chairing the meetings in the absence of the Director of Operations
- To assist with the coordination of an annual CPD programme
Salary - up to £17,034 per annum (FTE £28,390).
Hours of work 22.5 hours per week (3 x 7.5 hour days/evenings)
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 1 August 2018
For full details on the role please refer to the attached job description. As a formality of the recruiting process all applicants need to complete our application form.
Completed application forms should be returned to Jackie Turner in the HR Department. For enquiries please contact HR on 01892 865977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.