Back to Spiritual Wellbeing
Please join us in prayer for Burrswood - I believe that God will indeed, bless, guide, inspire and equip us afresh, as we seek to be channels of his love and healing grace to all those we care for in his name.
Every member of every team is vital to all our work and we do our best to be truly united and together in all we are and do:-
Executive team led by Angela Painter
The Care Team – nurses led by Trudy Blackman, physiotherapists, counsellors led by Julie Shannon and chaplains
Operations led by Julie Shannon
The Hospitality Team led by Matt Catlin
The Estates Team led by Graham Anderson
The Marketing and Business Development Team led by Bex Homewood
The Finance Team led by Ian Davis
The Human Resources Team led by Amanda Kelliher
Our many volunteers in all the teams
Please join in praying that God will call the people we need to share in his work at Burrswood and that he will bless and strengthen the team at this time. All enquiries should be directed to HR or click here for more details.
Please click the tab to read our Prayer Diary or if you would like to be sent a copy in the post then please contact us here.
Lord Jesus Christ,
we thank you for calling your disciples to share in your healing work;
strengthen and equip us as we offer ourselves in your love and service;
through your Holy Spirit inspire others to come and share in the outpouring of your love;
we pray especially that you will call nurses and care assistants to strengthen the team at Burrswood,
so that together we may be more effective channels of your love and healing grace.
Burrswood Daily Prayer Cycle
- Patients and guests
- Chaplaincy Team
- Holy Communion – 11 am
- Reception and Gift Shop – Receptionists
- Rooms: Cana, Carmel, Sea Green, Walnut and Bethany
- Executive Group & Administration: Angela Painter and Heads of Departments Team, Accounts, Personnel, Admissions & Secretaries
- Rooms - Emmaus, Chintz, Willow, Rose and Peach
- Trustees of the Dorothy Kerin Trust
- The Friends of Burrswood
- Burrswood Charity Shop and the commercial ventures run by Burrswood Ltd
- Applications to Trusts and Foundations – may they be looked on with favour
- Tuesday Management Team meetings
- Rooms - Nightingale, Lilac, Sharan, Primrose and Lavender
- Hospitality and Catering Teams
- The Book, Gift & Charity Shops
- All visiting children - that they may be touched by the love of God
- Rooms - Honeysuckle, Dove, Red & Gold, Maple and Daisy
- 9.00 am Community Communion
- Physiotherapy Team
- Volunteers in all departments
- The Healing Service - 11.30 am
- Christian Mindfulness - 3pm
- All members of the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Rooms - Poppy, Sunflower, Double Blue, Corner and Acorn Rooms
- Estate & Gardening Teams
- Counselling Team
- St. Peter’s Pool and Outpatient Department
- Burrswood Cafe – blessing through the food, service and beautiful location
- Holy Communion – 12 noon
- Rooms - Robinia, Chestnut, Tudor, Elm, Fern and Dorothy
- Trudy Blackman, Reablement and Care Lead, and all the Nurses and Care Assistants
- Conference Centre - for visiting groups
- Healing Service - 3.00 pm
- Rooms - Wren, Bishops, Oak, Wisteria, Italian and Pilgrim
|Week beginning 3rd
Pray for God’s rich blessing on the continued work of Burrswood – for a healthy income and a unity of purpose.
|Week beginning 10th
Pray for the wider Chrisitan community to become aware of Burrswood and be drawn to access all we do. Give thanks for a place where God can be made know in the care of the whole person.
|Week beginning 17th
Pray for those who work on Reception and in Reservations – as the first point of contact may they offer a warm welcome to all.
Give thanks for the season of Spring – the sunlight to warm the earth. Pray for the Accessible Light Retreat Days. Pray for the mental and emotional wellbeing of all staff and volunteers.
Week beginning 31st
Pray that Burrswood Health and Wellbeing would be known for being compassionate and competent.