Back to Guest stays & Visitors
Open 7 days a week from 9.30am to 5.00pm
The Burrswood Bookshop and gift shop is located in the main house opposite the Orangery and can also be accessed via its own entrance next to the main entrance.
Have you visited the Book and Gift Shop Sale yet? In anticipation of our Christmas stock arriving very soon we are offering a wide range of current stock at sale prices of up to 50% off. Jewellery, scarves, teddies, bags, stationery items, cards, books and gifts are all available. And whilst you are here why not pick up your Advent calendars and Christmas cards too? We look forward to seeing you!
Our stock includes:
Why shop at Burrswood?
- A comprehensive selection of Christian books with a special emphasis on health and healing, prayer and spirituality.
- Beautiful gift books, journals, and Christian biographies.
- Bibles in a range of presentations.
- Children’s books and resources for children’s work.
- CDs of contemporary and classical music for worship and relaxation.
- Greetings cards for every occasion: with or without Bible texts, including ‘special’ age and anniversary cards.
- Amazing selection at competitive prices.
- Friendly staff to assist you.
- Ample free and convenient parking - and you can enjoy our Cafe too!
- Discounts for clergy and church orders – please enquire.
- Mail order service available.
- Staff assistance available from Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 5.00pm
- All profits made are returned to the Access to Care Fund to help patients come to Burrswood
We will be happy to order books for you if we don't have them in stock.
‘Thank you to all staff and volunteers at the Burrswood Bookshop. On several occasions I have bought books that have really helped me and that I haven’t seen any where else. Thanks for your dedication and hard work!’ From a lady who doesn’t live locally but visits her daughter regularly.
The question of the Christian response to homosexuality is one of the most difficult topics that the church has wrestled with in recent years. To help sort out the facts from the fiction and tease out the Biblical position, Hilary Brand has produced a five-session group study course called Love that Dares to Speak. Leader’s notes are provided for each session as are appendices of useful further information. Marriage, celibacy and the disconnect between 1st and 21st century experience are discussed and advice given on creating a welcoming and respecting church. This book can equally well be used for individual personal study.
Our Christmas Cards are now available:
Card Suggestions this month
The majority of our cards are priced at under £2.00
The Burrswood Gift Shop
- Gorgeous gifts for every occasion – including scented candles, jewellery, scarves and gifts for the home
- Creative Crafts and unique handmade items
- Tempting confectionery – some made specially for us
- Seasonal specials
- Prices to suit every budget
- Supporting Fairtrade and other charities