Back to Guest stays & Visitors
Open 7 days a week from 9.30am to 5.00pm
The Burrswood Bookshop and gift shop is located in the main house opposite the Orangery and can also be accessed via its own entrance next to the main entrance.
New year is ‘sale’ time and the Burrswood Book and Gift shops are no exception! This is your last chance to pick up Christmas cards, decorations and children’s books at bargain prices, a 2019 diary if you didn’t get one, as well as a range of other cards, books and gifts in our stock clearance sale. Includes our ever popular ‘any offers’ book clearance!
Our stock includes:
Why shop at Burrswood?
- A comprehensive selection of Christian books with a special emphasis on health and healing, prayer and spirituality.
- Beautiful gift books, journals, and Christian biographies.
- Bibles in a range of presentations.
- Children’s books and resources for children’s work.
- CDs of contemporary and classical music for worship and relaxation.
- Greetings cards for every occasion: with or without Bible texts, including ‘special’ age and anniversary cards.
- Gift vouchers
- Amazing selection at competitive prices.
- Friendly staff to assist you.
- Ample free and convenient parking - and you can enjoy our Cafe too!
- Discounts for clergy and church orders – please enquire.
- Mail order service available.
- Staff assistance available from Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 5.00pm
- All profits made are returned to the Access to Care Fund to help patients come to Burrswood
We will be happy to order books for you if we don't have them in stock.
‘Thank you to all staff and volunteers at the Burrswood Bookshop. On several occasions I have bought books that have really helped me and that I haven’t seen any where else. Thanks for your dedication and hard work!’ From a lady who doesn’t live locally but visits her daughter regularly.
We are delighted to announce the arrival of Living in the Eighth Day: The Christian Week and the Paschal Mystery by Burrswood Chaplain Revd Dr Steven Underdown. Based on work done towards his PhD thesis, Steven presents his view that it is only through this mystery of Jesus’ passion, death and resurrection that human beings find their true fulfillment and maturity. He explores ways in which church communities can establish certain patterns of life and worship – almost aiming for a ‘Holy Week in miniature’ every week - to enable us to grow in and respond to this divine mystery. He concludes with an original ‘theology of time’ with particular focus on the Sabbath , contrasting the Jewish Sabbath of rest with the Christian Sabbath of new beginnings.
Card Suggestions this month
The majority of our cards are priced at under £2.00
The Burrswood Gift Shop
- Gorgeous gifts for every occasion – including scented candles, jewellery, scarves and gifts for the home
- Creative Crafts and unique handmade items
- Tempting confectionery – some made specially for us
- Seasonal specials
- Prices to suit every budget
- Supporting Fairtrade and other charities