Burrswood Health & Wellbeing, a place of whole person care located in a beautiful nineteenth century Decimus Burton designed home & gardens. Burrswood means many different things to many different people. Its ethos of ‘whole person care’ is its common thread, weaved throughout its Healthcare, Social Care and Spiritual Wellbeing services.
Burrswood Health and Wellbeing Bird in Hand Lane Groombridge Tunbridge Wells Kent TN3 9PY 01892 865988 email@example.com Burrswood is a place to recuperate through the care of our nurse and therapy led team who are passionate about giving equal measure to a patient’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs during the healing process. It is a place to restore wellbeing with our spiritual wellbeing and chaplaincy team, their approach allowing all who visit to feel welcomed, whether staying as a guest, a patient, visiting to take part in events or just enjoying the tranquility of the gardens. It is a place to relax in our well-appointed guest accommodation whilst you explore the picturesque gardens & surrounding areas of Kent and Sussex. It is a place to worship in Burrswood’s Church of Christ the Healer, the only church in the UK specifically built for healing services. “Burrswood is a truly unique place, keeping its promise to care for the whole person in a way which cannot be described in words – it has to be experienced for the profound impact of that promise to be realized. So often illness is seen as a problem and then you, the patient, become the problem; a broken machine that needs repairing rather than a human being needing to be listened to and reassured; not only a body, but a mind and spirit too.” Patient Quotation
Our Health & Social Care services include
- Intensive rehabilitation, respite care and post-operative care
- Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- Residential or outpatient counselling & psychotherapy
- Expertise in a range of chronic conditions including COPD, PD, MS, Parkinson’s
- Outcome focused, goal orientated, multi-disciplinary care from nurses physiotherapists, occupational therapists, counsellors, psychotherapists and care assistants
- Expert spiritual and emotional care
- Fast-track admissions when possible
- Respite stays and supported or assisted stays
Our wellbeing events include:
- Spiritual Wellbeing Retreats
- Christian Mindfulness
- Quiet days
- Theatre productions, Painting days
- Concerts and choirs
- Educational talks and courses
Please see the events page for upcoming events
Our facilities include:
- 40 Bedrooms in total
- 12 bedrooms are ensuite rooms for patients staying within the reablement unit
- 19 bedrooms are ensuite guest rooms with accessible bathrooms, profiling beds and set in an environment that is warm and welcoming, ideal for all guests and especially those with mobility challenges or those needing additional support.
- 9 further guest rooms, all with private bathrooms are set within the main house boasting character and charm. Perfect for visitors, family members, events attendees.
- The Church of Christ the Healer, where services are held regularly and all are welcomed. Find out more about our services or the Retreats on offer at Burrswood.
- Burrswood Cafe – Serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and Sunday lunches. Open 10am-4pm. Home cooked food, scrumptious cakes, take away teas and coffees
- Beautiful Gardens and grounds. A dog walker’s favorite! Grab a takeaway coffee from the café and enjoy exploring the stunning woodlands and grounds. If you want to stretch your legs there are maps for local walks available to download here or from the main reception and bookshop
- Christian bookshop & gift shop – Read about our weekly recommendations! – and the Burrswood charity shop nearby in Crowborough.
Commission, Mission and Vision Statements
To heal the sick, comfort the sorrowing and bring faith to the faithless in a way that is meaningful and relevant and inclusive in today’s world.
To Transform lives through Whole Person Care.
- The love of Jesus Christ will be cherished at the heart of all we do and encountered by all for whom we care.
- We will be known throughout the UK and beyond for offering and delivering a world-leading model of care that is both distinctive and universally respected in giving equal importance to body, mind and spirit.
- Our financial viability will be assured, so that our openness and accessibility to all who need the care we offer will never be jeopardised for want of resources.
Burrswood is administered by a charitable trust (Registered Charity No. 1095940) and operates as a company, registered in England and Wales, limited by guarantee (No. 4562803).