Back to Spiritual Wellbeing
Please join us in prayer for Burrswood - I believe that God will indeed, bless, guide, inspire and equip us afresh, as we seek to be channels of his love and healing grace to all those we care for in his name.
Every member of every team is vital to all our work and we do our best to be truly united and together in all we are and do:-
Executive team led by Angela Painter
The Care Team – nurses led by Trudy Blackman, physiotherapists, counsellors led by Julie Shannon and chaplains led by Rev Carol Morrison
Operations led by Julie Shannon
The Hospitality Team led by Matt Catlin
The Estates Team led by Graham Anderson
The Marketing and Business Development Team led by Bex Homewood
The Finance Team led by James Archer
The Human Resources Team led by Amanda Kelliher
Our many volunteers in all the teams
Please join in praying that God will call the people we need to share in his work at Burrswood and that he will bless and strengthen the team at this time. All enquiries should be directed to HR or click here for more details.
Please click here if you would like to read our Prayer Diary - alternatively if you would like to be sent a copy please contact us here.
Lord Jesus Christ,
we thank you for calling your disciples to share in your healing work;
strengthen and equip us as we offer ourselves in your love and service;
through your Holy Spirit inspire others to come and share in the outpouring of your love;
we pray especially that you will call nurses and care assistants to strengthen the team at Burrswood,
so that together we may be more effective channels of your love and healing grace.
Burrswood Daily Prayer Cycle
- Patients and guests
- Chaplaincy Team
- Holy Communion – 11 am
- Reception and Gift Shop – Receptionists
- Rooms: Cana, Carmel, Sea Green, Walnut and Bethany
- Executive Group & Administration: Angela Painter and Heads of Departments Team, Accounts, Personnel, Admissions & Secretaries
- Rooms - Emmaus, Chintz, Willow, Rose and Peach
- Trustees of the Dorothy Kerin Trust
- The Friends of Burrswood
- Burrswood Charity Shop and the commercial ventures run by Burrswood Ltd
- Applications to Trusts and Foundations – may they be looked on with favour
- Tuesday Management Team meetings
- Rooms - Nightingale, Lilac, Sharan, Primrose and Lavender
- Hospitality and Catering Teams
- The Book, Gift & Charity Shops
- All visiting children - that they may be touched by the love of God
- Rooms - Honeysuckle, Dove, Red & Gold, Maple and Daisy
- 9.00 am Community Communion
- Physiotherapy Team
- Volunteers in all departments
- The Healing Service - 11.30 am
- Christian Mindfulness - 3pm
- All members of the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Rooms - Poppy, Sunflower, Double Blue, Corner and Acorn Rooms
- Estate & Gardening Teams
- Counselling Team
- St. Peter’s Pool and Outpatient Department
- Burrswood Cafe – blessing through the food, service and beautiful location
- Holy Communion – 12 noon
- Rooms - Robinia, Chestnut, Tudor, Elm, Fern and Dorothy
- Patricia Carey, Reablement and Care Lead, and all the Nurses and Care Assistants
- Conference Centre - for visiting groups
- Healing Service - 3.00 pm
- Rooms - Wren, Bishops, Oak, Wisteria, Italian and Pilgrim
May the Spirit guide you as you give thanks and pray for...
|Week beginning 5th
Pray for silence to ‘invade’ where there is too much noise. May God bless us with peace and tranquillity. Pray for the school holidays. Pray for the Silent Space once a month on Fridays – may many come to receive.
|Week beginning 12th
May the light of Christ dwell in our hearts richly – and in the hearts of all who come to Burrswood. Give thanks for Accessible Light coming to Burrswood – pray for all who attend.
|Week beginning 19th
Pray for a special encounter of the Living God for all who attend our Healing Services. May the healing and wholeness received at Burrswood be brought out with those who receive it, to transform communities. .
Give thanks for the many gifts and talents our Lord gives to us. Pray for those who wish to express their faith and creativity through painting, drawing and writing. Pray for preparations for our celebrations of 70 years at Burrswood.
Week beginning 2nd September
Pray for those working in entertainment – for messages of hope in their art; and the blessing of laughter.