Back to Spiritual Wellbeing
Please join us in prayer for Burrswood - I believe that God will indeed, bless, guide, inspire and equip us afresh, as we seek to be channels of his love and healing grace to all those we care for in his name.
Every member of every team is vital to all our work and we do our best to be truly united and together in all we are and do:-
Executive team led by Angela Painter
The Care Team – nurses led by Patricia Carey, physiotherapists led by Jennie Turnbull, counsellors led by Julie Shannon and chaplains led by Rev Carol Morrison
Operations led by Steve Talmage
The Hospitality Team led by Matt Catlin
The Estates Team led by Graham Anderson
The Marketing and Business Development Team led by Bex Homewood
The Finance Team led by James Archer
The Human Resources Team led by Amanda Kelliher
Our many volunteers in all the teams
Please join in praying that God will call the people we need to share in his work at Burrswood and that he will bless and strengthen the team at this time. All enquiries should be directed to HR or click here for more details.
Please click here if you would like to read our Prayer Diary - alternatively if you would like to be sent a copy please contact us here.
Lord Jesus Christ,
we thank you for calling your disciples to share in your healing work;
strengthen and equip us as we offer ourselves in your love and service;
through your Holy Spirit inspire others to come and share in the outpouring of your love;
we pray especially that you will call nurses and care assistants to strengthen the team at Burrswood,
so that together we may be more effective channels of your love and healing grace.
Burrswood Daily Prayer Cycle
- Patients and guests
- Chaplaincy Team
- Holy Communion – 11 am
- Reception and Gift Shop – Receptionists
- Rooms: Cana, Carmel, Sea Green, Walnut and Bethany
- Executive Group & Administration: Angela Painter and Heads of Departments Team, Accounts, Personnel, Admissions & Secretaries
- Rooms - Emmaus, Chintz, Willow, Rose and Peach
- Trustees of the Dorothy Kerin Trust
- The Friends of Burrswood
- Burrswood Charity Shop and the commercial ventures run by Burrswood Ltd
- Applications to Trusts and Foundations – may they be looked on with favour
- Tuesday Management Team meetings
- Rooms - Nightingale, Lilac, Sharan, Primrose and Lavender
- Hospitality and Catering Teams
- The Book, Gift & Charity Shops
- All visiting children - that they may be touched by the love of God
- Rooms - Honeysuckle, Dove, Red & Gold, Maple and Daisy
- 9.00 am Community Communion
- Physiotherapy Team
- Volunteers in all departments
- The Healing Service - 11.30 am
- Christian Mindfulness - 3pm
- All members of the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Rooms - Poppy, Sunflower, Double Blue, Corner and Acorn Rooms
- Estate & Gardening Teams
- Counselling Team
- St. Peter’s Pool and Outpatient Department
- Burrswood Cafe – blessing through the food, service and beautiful location
- Holy Communion – 12 noon
- Rooms - Robinia, Chestnut, Tudor, Elm, Fern and Dorothy
- Patricia Carey, Reablement and Care Lead, and all the Nurses and Care Assistants
- Conference Centre - for visiting groups
- Healing Service - 3.00 pm
- Rooms - Wren, Bishops, Oak, Wisteria, Italian and Pilgrim
May the Spirit guide you as you give thanks and pray for...
|Week beginning 1st
As we enter our second year as Burrswood Health and Wellbeing pray for the Lord's blessing to be upon the work here - giving thanks for 70 years of Healing Ministry in this place.
|Week beginning 8th
Pray for those battling with addiction - may they be led to places of healing and recovery.
Pray for our counsellors working with people in recovery from trauma and other significant life events.
|Week beginning 15th
Pray for all people who come to Burrswood seeking peace, inspiration and healing.
Remember especially our quiet days, retreats and silent space.
|Week beginning 22th
Pray for good connections to be made with Christian communities of all denominations, enabling us to share the healing ministry.
|Week beginning 29th
Give thanks for the stillness of creation and the hope of new life.
Pray for our offer of respite to be widely used and for carers to have times of rest and recuperation.