Tel: +44 (0)1892 863637Burrswood
Kent, TN3 9PY
rehabilitation at Burrswood
Nurse and therapy-led reablement service
For the patient
What can you expect?
- When you arrive on the reablement unit you will be assessed fully by our senior reablement practitioner and your care planned with them. Length of stay and goals to be achieved are agreed with you and your relevant carers.
- The therapy team (Occupational therapist and Physiotherapist) will complete your assessment and agree your plans with you.
- Therapy will start straight away to help you become as independent as possible.
- The service is a 24 hour 7 days a week service with nursing care provided as appropriate, combined with therapy.
The support from staff includes:
- reablement care assistants who will ensure their care is given following your personalised care plan
- our whole person care approach, mind body and spirit - you can expect to have input from our whole team comprising, chaplains, volunteers, counselling (if that was the purpose of your stay or you can request this on admission).
- enabling you to return to your former functioning, to the point where you can return home safely, and if necessary continue reablement there, with the support of our outreach service.
- information made available to you in a variety of formats throughout your stay, this may include: copies of your goals, exercise programs and plans for discharge and discharge summaries of care received.
For information about How to Book.
Counselling support for the patient or family may be of benefit and is also available.
Our discharge liaison nurse along with our Occupational Therapist will help organise a patient's discharge to ensure they receive the level of care they need when they get home.