Tel: +44 (0)1892 863637Burrswood
Kent, TN3 9PY
all about us
Our hospital encourages openness, honesty and integrity of speech and life
The staff and volunteers at Burrswood hospital in Kent are all committed to discovering and realising the will of God, both for ourselves and for those who entrust themselves to our care. It is the same no matter what reason they come to us – whether it is for counselling, Christian healing, palliative and respite care or end of life care.
Those of us who are not Christians commit ourselves to respecting Burrswood’s vision, mission and way of life. Our Christian faith perspective is offered, but never imposed, either upon our colleagues or upon those who come seeking our help.
We endeavour to see that
- all who stay at Burrswood hospital are held in the love of God
- all who work at Burrswood, whether staff or volunteers, are valued and respected as children of God.
- loyalty to the aims set out in the mission statement
- disciplines and standards of behaviour that promote good relationships
- willingness to acknowledge our vulnerability and to learn from each other
- openness, honesty and integrity of speech and life.
“Christian and non – Christian friends have quizzed me about the healing ‘bit’ of Burrswood and all I can say is what I see with my own eyes at Burrswood is remarkable. I’ve personally felt the love of God through His tireless servants here and, as it was when Dorothy Kerin was working in the hospital, a huge amount of healing is taking place right under our noses”.