Tel: +44 (0)1892 863637Burrswood
Kent, TN3 9PY
Transforming lives through whole person care
Welcome to Burrswood Health and Wellbeing
We care about you. Come and experience renewed health and wellbeing with our unique approach to whole person care of your body, mind and spirit.
Whatever your needs, be it simply a relaxing break in our beautiful guest accommodation or a goal-orientated multi-disciplinary therapeutic programme, you will receive care tailored to you.
How can we help you today? Contact us now to find out how we can help you on your journey to improved health and wellbeing. Call 01892 865988 or email for more information.
Burrswood Health and Wellbeing
Christmas Cards 2016 are now available - do support Burrswood by sending our cards to your friends and family
Our award winning team
At Burrswood we aspire to provide the very best treatment and care for the whole person regardless of their means or beliefs.
"Burrswood is a truly unique place, keeping its promise to care for the whole person in a way which cannot be described in words - it has to be experienced for the profound impact of that promise to be realised. So often illness is seen as a problem and then you, the patient, become the problem; a broken machine that needs repairing rather than a human being needing to be listened to and reassured; not only a body, but a mind and spirit too." Patient Quote
- Intensive rehabilitation, respite care and post-operative care.
- Short and longer term palliative care with expert symptom control.
- Expertise in a range of chronic conditions including COPD, PD, MS, CFS/ME
- Outcome focussed, goal orientated, multi-disciplinary care
- Short-term intensive counselling.
- Expert spiritual and emotional care.
- Fast-track admissions when possible.
To ensure quality care, we have:
- Experienced Resident Physicians, Nurses, Counsellors, Chaplains, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Healthcare Assistants.
- Comprehensive discharge management.
- A strong quality agenda with excellence in infection control.
- Safeguarding policy
- Patients charter
- Primarily single occupancy rooms and most are en suite with up to date facilities set in an environment that is clean, warm and welcoming.
- Burrswood offers the highest level of clinical and compassionate care to ensure that our patients achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Therapy services include physiotherapy, counselling, hydrotherapy and medical consultations.
- Thirteen beautiful guest rooms (suitable for visitors and family members/carers of patients in the hospital. Guest rooms are also available for those on the Understanding Your Eating, Counselling and Ministry guest programmes.)
- The Church of Christ the Healer, where services are held regularly and all are welcomed. Find out more about our services or the Retreats on offer at Burrswood.
- Burrswood Tea Room.
- Christian bookshop & gift shop - Read about our weekly recommendations
- Peaceful and beautiful gardens and grounds.
- We also have the Burrswood charity shop nearby.
Burrswood is set in a stunning and peaceful location in the heart of Kent where there is a back-drop of prayer that is integral to the totality of care that we offer.