Tel: +44 (0)1892 863637Burrswood
Kent, TN3 9PY
Just 2 places left for Christmas at Burrswood - it's a lovely place to spend a few days celebrating Christmas https://www.facebook.com/burrswood/posts/558239077587633 …
24 hrs ago
Tickets on the door for our Christmas Concert tomorrow featuring The Chancel Singers - in our Church at 7.30pm - hope you can make it!
5 days ago
what makes the care at Burrswood unique?
Welcome to Burrswood, a Christian hospital and place of healing.
"Burrswood is a truly unique place, keeping its promise to care for the whole person in a way which cannot be described in words - it has to be experienced for the profound impact of that promise to be realised. So often illness is seen as a problem and then you, the patient, become the problem; a broken machine that needs repairing rather than a human being needing to be listened to and reassured; not only a body, but a mind and spirit too."
Quote from a patient
At Burrswood we aspire to provide the very best treatment and care for the whole person without regard to their means or beliefs.
In our hospital we offer:
- Intensive rehabilitation, respite care and post-operative care.
- Short and longer term palliative care with expert symptom control.
- Confidence and expertise in the treatment of CFS/ME.
- Short-term intensive counselling.
- Expert spiritual and emotional care.
- Fast-track admissions when possible.
To ensure quality care, we have:
- Experienced Resident Physicians, Nurses, Counsellors, Chaplains and Physiotherapists.
- Comprehensive discharge management.
- A strong quality agenda with excellence in infection control.
- Safeguarding policy
- Patients charter
Our facilities include:
- 40 bed hospital with up to date facilities set in an environment that is clean, warm and welcoming.
- Burrswood offers the highest level of clinical and compassionate care to ensure that our patients achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Outpatient department for physiotherapy, counselling, hydrotherapy and medical consultations.
- Beautiful six room guest house (suitable for visitors and family members/carers of patients in the hospital. Guest House rooms are also available for those on the Understanding Your Eating programme.)
- The Church of Christ the Healer, where services are held regularly and all are welcomed. Click here for details of our services.
- Burrswood Tea Room.
- Christian bookshop & gift shop.
- Peaceful and beautiful gardens and grounds.
- We also have the Burrswood charity shop nearby.
Burrswood is set in a stunning and peaceful location in the heart of Kent where there is a back-drop of prayer that is integral to the totality of care that we offer.
Our 2013 Christmas Cards are now available - click here for full details
Be sure to see our News & Events pages for all the latest information or visit us on facebook.
As a registered charity (charity number 1095940) Burrswood hospital does not receive any direct government funding. It relies on income from fees, donations, profits from its trading activities and fundraising initiatives to support all that goes on in the Hospital as well as for specific capital projects and to develop the mission of Burrswood.